Sunday 6 December 2015

Fit and healthy Friday's #3

Welcome to Fit and healthy Friday's Week 3,

I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby and I'm feeling good. I love the second trimester, morning sickness for me has passed and I don't feel as heavy as a whale yet like I do in the third trimester. I'm slowly getting a bit more energetic after siting and laying down while trying to cope with nausea for most of the first trimester. 

Holly sneaked in for this photo cos she's too cute

Exercise completed: 45 minute walk, 30 min walk, 1 set squats
Exercise goals: To exercise again regularly. The business of this week got to me and intentional exercise seems to be slipping away. 

Weight gained this week: 0 grams
Total weight gained so far this pregnancy: 5.8kg

A few sample days menus of exactly what I ate:
*Keep in mind I'm pregnant, so in no way am I restricting calories, I eat until I'm full. I'm focusing on nourishing my baby, keeping my blood sugar levels stable (sugars low, adding protein with every main meal) and keeping my weight gain steady. 

Day one:
B: Muesli, banana and almond milk. (E) I always have 1 tea spoon of cod liver oil after breakfast and all my other supplements with a large glass of water. I'll go into what supplements I take in more detail another day. 
MT: 1 nectarine, 1 kiwi fruit with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and green tea. (E)
L: Tin salmon and beans with avocado and a large salad (S Helper)  
AT: Chia seed pudding, 2 almond meal biscuits (XO)
T: Slow cooked lamb chops with fried onion, kale and cabbage and broccoli (S)
S: Fruit with one spoonful coconut yoghurt (E)

Day two:
B: 2 fried eggs, kale and strawberry smoothie (S)
MT: Almond meal biscuits (S)
L: Large salad with tuna, goat cheese and avocado. 2 squares dark choc (S)
AT: 1 peach (E)
T: Plumb chicken with quinoa and salad, 1 slice rockmelon (E)
S: 2 almond meal biscuits, 2 squares dark choc (S)

*The letters S, E and XO are types of meals from the health book "Trim Healthy Mama Plan" by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. 
*B = Breakfast, MT = Morning Tea, L = Lunch, AT = Afternoon tea, T = Tea (our main meal), S = Supper (I can't survive without a snack in evening when I'm pregnant) 

Food goals:
Follow a smoothie recipie from Trim Healthy Mama this week. Stop eating sushi rolls and cold rolls. :( :( I loooove these and have been having some a few times a week when I go shopping and it's basically my only wheat free (without the soy sauce) food option to buy from this particular food court. But it has been causing me stomach upsets. I'll have to give them a miss for a while.


See you next Friday! 

Blessings, Peta 

How about you? Are you eating wheat/gluten or dairy free? What do you eat if you are with your family at a food court in a shopping centre? Comment below



   



   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment